|Requires at least 3MB of virtual memory error fix.
|Date Created: ||08/18/2011|
|Last Modified: ||08/22/2011|
|* Platform: ||PC|
This is a known issue with older program titles running on newer computers. The older software runs properly, but were written before memory sizes over 500 MB were available, and so are not able to recognize any memory you have.
You can overcome this error by following these steps:
1. Right-click on the "My Computer", and select "Properties".
2. In this new window, click on where it says "Advanced".
3. Here, click the "settings" button for the "Performance" area.
4. A new window will open here. Click again on the "Advanced" tab.
5. Where it says "Virtual Memory, click on "Change".
6. Finally, where it says "Custom size", put in the values of "4000" for both the initial size and maximum size.
7.Click "Set" then "OK" to close each window. You will be required to reboot the computer.
This should take care of the problem for the virtual memory. If you run graphics intensive programs that require more memory, you can repeat these steps, and choose "System managed size" instead of the "Custom size".